Monday, April 20, 2009

The bits of Stratford that aren’t built on are looking really good today. Spectacular.
Down by the river, in the Theatre gardens, Holy Trinity, in fact everywhere where there’s more than two trees looks fantastically autumnal. As far as natural beauty goes I’m afraid I’m a bit of a thug (I’m not an evening sunset person. Give me an electrical storm every time) but even I’m moved, so much so that I’ve taken a photograph of the tree I used to chase my kids around (many years ago) and posted it in my Blog’s photo album (ShakespeareLand plc). Sad, I know. I promise it won’t happen again.
The Autumn’s a special time for me albeit a busy one what with all the obsessive food gathering. I’m already starting to feel sleepy but I’ll press on until I’ve enough material to make a decent nest. Incidentally, why do our American friends call Autumn, Fall? Is it to do with the leaves falling off the trees? Sounds a bit Biblical to me…The Fall…it sounds like a punishment for having had too much of a good time in the summer.

No comments: